Location:Karlskirche - St. Charles Church in Vienna
CORELLI: Concerto grosso op.6 no.8 “christmas concert“
PACHELBEL: Canon & Gigue in d major
on period instruments
JENNIFER LIPPL, baroque violin
In 2006, Mozart’s 250th birthday was used as an opportunity to found the Orchestra & Ensemble 1756. Playing on original instruments, the intensive work with stylistics and rhetoric of the 18th Century such as a balanced combination of instruments oriented towards historic rules- that is the way how the ensemble makes a special and authentic sound. As an auditor once noticed: “All you are missing is the original Mozart-air.” The “Orchestra 1756” created regular concert series in Salzburg and Vienna. The ongoing rehearsals and concerts at the Viennese St. Charles church especially lead to an exceptional consonance and harmony.
Rows 1-13, numbered seats (seats can be chosen with the next step)
In 1713, one year after the last great plague epidemic, Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor, pledged to build a church for his namesake patron saint, Charles Borromeo. 1741 Antonio Vivaldi was burried at Karlskirche. The church initially had a direct line of sight to the imperial Hofburg Palace and also used to be the imperial patronage parish until 1918